Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new 07 Classic Dually with sunroof. The new sunroofs now have a screen light diffuser instead of a solid slider to close off sun on the inside, which obviously dosen't shut all of the sunlight out, for the life of me I can't figure out why GM did this....... I'm thinking that tinting the interior of the sunroof's glass might be the answer. Has anyone elce done this.....think it'll work??

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
Rosey;1628463; said:
The new sunroofs now have a screen light diffuser instead of a solid slider to close off sun on the inside, which obviously dosen't shut all of the sunlight out, for the life of me I can't figure out why GM did this.......
This is not new. My 06 is like this as were the 05's. Not sure about before that. Tinting will help, but not eliminate the problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been tinting windows for 25 years. All makes and models no problems what so ever. Just get a metalized film or a color stable so it won't turn purple.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Had mine tinted, much better......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agreed....I tinted my sunroof dark as I had the same issues. It is much better with the tint.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Tint it. Don't understand either. The Avalanches come with a much better sunroof in which it slides slides all the way back under the roof. Oh yeh, it also had a full slider cover-no holes.....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yep tinted mine 5%, helps out quite a bit.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
locknload;1669723; said:
its actually been designed as a bug screen so that on hot summer days you can leave the roof open and not get those little guys in

Would have rather they left the design the way it was before...solid slider...thimk that I'm gonna go the tint route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.