Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'07 Classic DM/A or '07 1/2 — Opinions?

On the verge of buying a new Chevy Classic 3500 CC DM/A, I am torn. The '07 1/2 model year is due out soon in the 3500s. Does it make sense to wait — in your view? In particular, is there anything that you have hard data on that makes the '07 1/2 worth waiting for. I know that it will have more emissions equipment. And some say that it will have less power due to that. But there are no hard data on the power issue that I know of. I've seen the pictures, and the new design makes no difference to me. Any opinions (or knowledge)?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The new HD model is an unknown. The Classic is the tried and true D/A combo...that will burn LSD or the new ULSD. The new one burns ULSD only. Easy decision for me, I wanted what I knew to be one fine pulling machine, and I wanted it soon. That's what I got...no telling when the new 3500s will be out, I heard Apr/May.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't want to make you "worry" about the proper choice....the only thing that I can tell you is that I am glad that I was able to be one of the last to order my "Classic" '07 3500 Lt3 Dually.....no "particulate" filter...etc. I don't like the looks of the "new" heavy duty front end...maybe it'll grow on me. If I had the choice I would get the "Classic" again. PLUS the new one's are gonna be MORE EXPENSIVE! :cool:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Chassis wise, they are the same.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would buy the 07 Classic Dually! The new are basically the same truck, just a new motor... The GVWR and GCVWR's have not changed between the 07 and 07.5 according to the last review I read on them...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Traded an 05 duramax single axle for an 07 classic / went through the same back and forth for about 6 weeks / sat in the 1500 7.5 and really came to the conclusion that the interior kind of looked like the ford or dodge/ couldn't decide if i liked the body change either /price finally flipped the deal / dealer in south fl. made me a good deal i think / there seems to be alot of classic duallys on the gmc and chevy lots in fl. / got a think you could make a good deal on a classic right now /no changes in h.p. or torque so i'm glad i went with old classic and saved a bunch of money /

·
Registered
53 Posts
Signature tells you what answer I came up with to your question.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was like most others on here, torn between the classic or 2007.5. It came down to basically the only reason I could come up with to get the 2007.5 was because it was the "new" body style. Well, I honestly don't care for it. I have always liked the "classic" lines so I got one of the last available. All option LT3 White and tan leather to match my blown C5 Vette and ya know what the kicker was, I saved approx 7k over the 2007.5 and I got a bad azz LBZ without all the reg. emmision BS !!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just drove my new 07 classic GMC dually from Denver to Phoenix on Monday. I almost ordered a new body 07.5. No dealers have actual pricing. I was told it will cost about $4,500 to $6,500 more minimum. The trucks are out 6 to 8 weeks. Couple that with all the emission BS and I am glad I bought a classic.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Latest news is that GM is having a 5 day "special" on Chevy "Classic's"..........0% Financing for 60 Months for "Qualified Buyers".........so if there are any "Classic's" still on the lots and you guys were considering a Classic, now is the time to go for it...just my opinion!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well we decided to wait and get a 2007.5 or 2008, dealer can't order until the last week of April. They have no idea if it will be a 2007.5 or a 2008. Because GM in past years would start to re-tool in May or June time frame. I really believe GM has something up their sleeve, since Ford brought out the 08 Super Duty. But the Major reason for not going with the 2007 Classic, was because it has the same dash and interior as my 2005 3500 1 ton dually??? An I just like the LTZ option. GBY.

·
Registered
435 Posts
While I don't think the Classic body trucks are pretty, I gag every time I see the pics on the 07.5 HDs. :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yesterday I priced an 07 classic, 2500, LBZ, 4x4, 4 door, LT package here in san diego for the wifey in order to get her out of mine........$44,800......What a rip.....I paid significantly less for mine and it's a Dually.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts