Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my order in for a CCLB 4x4 d-max dually. When I spec'd it out on Chevy's website, it gave you the option for an 8' bed with either 50 +/- cubic feet, or 70+/- cubic feet. Can anybody tell me what the difference is on this. I looked and couldn't find anything on their site about it.

I am workin in Iraq right now, so it's kind of hard for me to sit down and ask the dealer a bunch of question's. I really appreciate any insight on this. I have enjoyed lurking around here tryin to soak up some of the knowledge here.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I can't tell you the answer but when I spected mine it went to the larger bed with the dually which is the same 8ft bed we have all known and loved forever. as far as I know and have seen there are no bed options on a dually. Hope someone on here has more info.

·
Registered
775 Posts
It's gotta be shortbed and longbed. Sometimes those websites are screwy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me see if this link works.

It shows one with 70.7 and the other with 55.6 cubic foot, but both are 8'.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I think the lack of sleep is getting to me, but it says 97.6" instead of 8'. That would be 12', so now I am thouroghly confused.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
All GM one tons, both srw and duallys come only in the lb...no choice no options.

·
Registered
775 Posts
97.6 is just over 8'. The only other option is an extra deep bed, which I doubt they are doing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
mgraveman;1582727; said:
97.6 is just over 8'. The only other option is an extra deep bed, which I doubt they are doing.

thats what I was thinking maybe a deeper bed

·
Registered
775 Posts
Jperry;1582803; said:
thats what I was thinking maybe a deeper bed

It's the only way to increase volume without changing depth. I just can't see what this accomplishes.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mgraveman;1582727; said:

I told you the lack of sleep was getting to me, :sleep: . I had been up for almost 3 days when I typed that. It sure was nice to get some sleep last night. I guess I will call the dealer tonight (Sat. morning Texas time) and ask him what the deal is. I got to looking at it some more and the higher cubic foot can only be selected with the crew cab, and the smaller can only be selected with the single and ext. cabs.:smashfrea

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
dragoonranch;1583798; said:
I told you the lack of sleep was getting to me, . I had been up for almost 3 days when I typed that. It sure was nice to get some sleep last night. I guess I will call the dealer tonight (Sat. morning Texas time) and ask him what the deal is. I got to looking at it some more and the higher cubic foot can only be selected with the crew cab, and the smaller can only be selected with the single and ext. cabs.
It's the other way around.
Select the Ext. or Reg. cab, and the only choice is "Long: Length: 97.6in. 70.7cu. ft.".
Select the CC and the only choice is "Long: Length: 97.6in. 55.6cu. ft.".
It's been like this since at least '05 when I started looking.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are/were two styles of bed options available, depending on whether its a 1500,2500,3500:

The first, called a Fleetside, is the normal wide box that we're all used to. Box as wide as the cab and wheelwells inside the box. Box about 65" wide. 70+- cu ft

The second, called a Sportside, is styled after the boxes on the old style pickups where the box is inside the wheelwells, it has distinctive fenders over the rear wheels and a side step on each side in front of the rear fenders. Box about 50" wide and has the smaller capacity.

Both are nominally 8 feet long. I dont know what models or what years these box options apply to.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
newfydad;1584167; said:
There are/were two styles of bed options available, depending on whether its a 1500,2500,3500:

The first, called a Fleetside, is the normal wide box that we're all used to. Box as wide as the cab and wheelwells inside the box. Box about 65" wide. 70+- cu ft

The second, called a Sportside, is styled after the boxes on the old style pickups where the box is inside the wheelwells, it has distinctive fenders over the rear wheels and a side step on each side in front of the rear fenders. Box about 50" wide and has the smaller capacity.

Both are nominally 8 feet long. I dont know what models or what years these box options apply to.
Sportsides only come in 6.5 lengths. You can get fleetside in either 6.5 or 8. Sportsides also only come in 1/2 tons trucks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Did you go to Iraq on your own for buisness, or did Uncle Sam make you an offer you couldn't refuse?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vietvet66-67;1590360; said:
Did you go to Iraq on your own for buisness, or did Uncle Sam make you an offer you couldn't refuse?

A little of both you could say.:D I am workin for KBR over here. The company tends to be a little iffy at times, but the people and soldiers that I work with everyday make it all worth it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just keep your head down and come home safe!!!!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I got that covered.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts