Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiper blades are shot on my '07.5 and I bought new Anco Winter Wiper blades and it doesn't look like it's possible to put this assembly on the newer trucks. Has anyone "modded" their blades? :D It looks like I could probably press the pin out of the wiper arm assembly and then press it into the new winter blade. I've always used the Anco's in the winter because the snow doesn't stick to them and with the factory blades, the ice and snow just stick right to them.

Any ideas? I can post pics if needed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So it sounds like everyone has only spent the big $$$ to replace their blades then? I suppose you can just replace the rubber in them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Get the proper blades for your truck: Trico Neoform 16-2213, Anco C22PB, or GM Part 25877402 ($15 from GM Parts Direct). You can always trade your truck for something older if you want cheap blades.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can always trade your truck for something older if you want cheap blades.
:eek: Yeah, ok! :D

I just want something that the ice and snow don't stick to. Is that the case with the blades mentioned? The factory blades sure as heck aren't going back on the truck - they suck with ice and snow!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I haven't had a problem with the ice and snow sticking the the factory blades, just run your glove over them to break the ice before you leave and use the heated winshield washer fluid. If you know that you're going to get some warm snow that will melt and freeze on your windshield then just leave the blades in the open position. Just scrape your windshield before you leave and put the blades back down and they will work fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the heated washer fluid option and I've tried the other options, didn't work. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm in Buffido here, leave truck outside all the time, no probs with blades (yet).......like already stated, just make sure to remove as much ice as possible from blades PRIOR to use.....at least these arms retract fully unlike my last truck. We'll see how long these last...........

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My truck sat on the lot from May to October so I'm sure that blistering Colorado sun didn't help the factory blades at all. The passenger blade tip doesn't even touch the windshield at all, so that doesn't help anything.. I'll try some that sowilson suggested and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts