Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the above mirrors for my 04 but I'm wondering how much better they are than the extendable towing mirrors I have now? If they give me greater width so I can see down the sides of my trailer then I will purchase them.
Can someone give me a answer to this question?

Thanks, Mike :help2:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Mike,

The new mirrors are manual extend, heated, electrically-adjustable (top part) and have a convex bottom to cover the "blind spot." They are absolutely GREAT.

Steve

·
Registered
326 Posts
hey dog,

Will they plug into my wire harness on an 04 with heated power mirrors with turn signal?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mirror Width

I used to tow my 102" wide toyhauler with my 2005 Suburban. It has the power extend towing mirrors and I couldn't see very well around the trailer. Now towing with my 2006 Silverado with the new camper mirrors, I can see around the trailer much better. I believe the cabs are the same width on both vehicles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do you have a picture with the mirrors extended? How much farther do thhey stick out when they are extended?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:exactly: That's the question I have. On another post it showed the mirrors extended with a tape measure to note the extension. It was 18" which is the same extension as my electric mirrors. Will I really gain anything by going to the 06 mirrors?

Mike

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
curtm220
Not sue about the power folder, I believe someone has done it IIRC.

Mtn.Mike
You should gain 1.5" on the driver side and 1" on the passenger side. My passenger side power extending mirror had washers on the mounts when I took those pix's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
where is the best place to buy them?

·
Registered
60 Posts
2006 Mirrors

Try looking into gmpartsdirect.com thats where I ordered mine from. I am still waiting tho. I placed my order on the 2/20 and they still have not shipped according to the order status page. They are a special order item and it states it could take 10 business days or more, so I am trying to patiently wait. :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you know the part #? I am having trouble finding them on their page.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
#'s

Try 15860540 and 15860541 Those are the numbers I used when I ordered mine. BTW they did finally come in on 3/9
Rick.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are ABSOLUTELY worth every penny...:ro)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the part #s. I wish there was a way to tell if they were in stock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since they are a special order I don't think they keep them on hand. Thats why it takes so long to get them.
Rick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I ordered mine in early January, and it took almost a month for them to come in, but they are incredible. I can actually change lanes now without having to turn my head 180 degrees to see if there is a car beside me....BUY THEM!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I towed for the first time with my new '06 mirrors yesterday. I was towing my flatbed car trailer with my old pickup on it, and I didn't even need to extend them. Visibility is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the shtty 05 power extending junk.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Are the '06 Towing mirrors available w/o heat and turn signal?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts