Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 06 GMC 2500 HD with the LLY 310 HP, 6 spd Allison.
Installed Banks 4 in exhaust, helped a little. Wondering about other options to boost HP and tourqe. The Edge juice, Hypertech 3 ?
Any sugestions will be helpfull.
:help:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Be careful with tuners on these trucks. The trans. will need to be upgraded ASAP!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trans Upgrade

Be careful with tuners on these trucks. The trans. will need to be upgraded ASAP!!
I have the same 06 LLY w/6speed I just put the Bully Dog Power Pup in. What trans. upgrade do you recomend if any?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Suncoast just released the Stage 3 and stage 4 kits for these trucks. MIKE L. and Eric Merchant have installed one already and they say it is a good product.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have a Attitude / Juice , run it on tow most always and #3 when not towing , tow at 23000 alot 86700 miles no tranny upgrades , no problem , a tuner is like a gun it is only as dangerous as you make it , it is great fun , set it up to protect the trans and don't abuse it . Have Fun! Build the trans for more fun but don't worry the ally is strong .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I spoke to Banks and they expect the six gun to be released soon, Might be worth the wait,

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I have a Attitude / Juice , run it on tow most always and #3 when not towing , tow at 23000 alot 86700 miles no tranny upgrades , no problem , a tuner is like a gun it is only as dangerous as you make it , it is great fun , set it up to protect the trans and don't abuse it . Have Fun! Build the trans for more fun but don't worry the ally is strong .
His sig says 06---they don't make the Edge for it yet.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I don't know if a 06 LLY needs a different tuner , but I was generalizing about being afraid of a tuner because of the trans. Does the 06 LLY need a different tuner than o4.5 and 05 ?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I don't know if a 06 LLY needs a different tuner , but I was generalizing about being afraid of a tuner because of the trans. Does the 06 LLY need a different tuner than o4.5 and 05 ?
Yes, it does.
Even the Tech-II will not "talk" to it without the $600 CANDI module.

Currently, Bullydog offers the only downloader/tuner.

Yes, you are wise to be concerned about the trans... perhaps not so much with the '06 LLY, which starts with the same 310hp as the '05, but certainly with the LBZ, which is rated to 360.

OTOH, owners of the '06 LLY should be able to feel pretty comfortable with a 50hp boost, which will only bring them to stock LBZ levels.

Yes, many LBZs are being brought in to Inglewood Transmissions after being limped from the Bullydog on Extreme. I run mine on "Performance", but I DON'T get on it heavily.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, many LBZs are being brought in to Inglewood Transmissions after being limped from the Bullydog on Extreme. I run mine on "Performance", but I DON'T get on it heavily.
You have to be kinding, right?

This is the same transmission that is in my buddy's motor home with a Cat diesel that has 325hp & ~1000ft#'s of torque. He has never had a problems and he always tows his toys.

The torque would kill this component before HP ever does, no matter what motor.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
This trans is not set up to handle the Cat diesel. It might be the same trans, but it is not set up the same. The Allison 1000 is in a lot of HD applications. This Allison 1000 was set up to handle the hp and tq from our stock trucks, not to be mounted in a bus and run.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe that the 2006 Ally has been "beefed" up to handle the increased power.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
You have to be kinding, right?

This is the same transmission that is in my buddy's motor home with a Cat diesel that has 325hp & ~1000ft#'s of torque. He has never had a problems and he always tows his toys.

The torque would kill this component before HP ever does, no matter what motor.
But it matters the gearing, doesn't it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah there are some differences, the only thing I have seen out for the 06 was the Bully dog power pup

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I believe that the 2006 Ally has been "beefed" up to handle the increased power.
Mike has torn one down and completely gone through it.
Yes, it has been improved.
The C3 packs are unchanged.
I think he said something about the 400hp "range" being the area where it's pushing it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes it does, the programming is diffrent on the 2006.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Disregard Last Post, I am a day late and dollar short today.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I envy you fellows with all your power-speed modifications. Here in the old Commonwealth of Virginia one can count on being tagged by the boys in the blue&grey cruisers or -gasp plain wrappers. Dont put it to the metal in Va.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts