Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just dont have a power cord attached to them like the trucks.
Does anyone know the GM Part # for this, or another source that is cheaper. I dont really need it, but just in case, because I will be taking the van north into some cold weather ocasionally.

I just picked up this truck on Tuesday, I got a really good deal on it; the dealership has 6+ that have been sitting on the lot for over 1 year.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
hawk2100n;1571952; said:
They just dont have a power cord attached to them like the trucks.
Does anyone know the GM Part # for this, or another source that is cheaper. I dont really need it, but just in case, because I will be taking the van north into some cold weather ocasionally.

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

I just picked up this truck on Tuesday, I got a really good deal on it; the dealership has 6+ that have been sitting on the lot for over 1 year.
I got one at the dealer for 40 dollars, and the other from napa for 15 dollars.
you would think for 800 for the cold weather package mine would have come with the cords.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I just bought mine the other day, have it in the garage so I will check in tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The General is getting cheaper every year.That deletion is unbelievable--If I knew this if that was me,I would'nt leave the dealers until they threw it in.Cheap BAS#####!!!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
The Van we just picked up came with the block heater cord. Is there anything else that can help warm up in the cold. My Pickup seems to warm up way faster than the van.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Are you sure the cord is working? Many fail.

·
Registered
958 Posts
yup it works maybe its just because its like driving a tin without as much insulation as the truck. The engine runs alot higher in the van then my pick up does in the winter when its warm.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cloughm;1601498; said:
The Van we just picked up came with the block heater cord. Is there anything else that can help warm up in the cold. My Pickup seems to warm up way faster than the van.
Both my vans have the cold weather package "diesel fired heater" and warm up in a few minutes.
IF i turn the heater off, they take 40 minutes idling or 15 minutes on the road to warm up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
doswacko;1602233; said:
Both my vans have the cold weather package "diesel fired heater" and warm up in a few minutes.
IF i turn the heater off, they take 40 minutes idling or 15 minutes on the road to warm up.
How do you turn the diesel fired heater on mine might have it and I don't even know.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cloughm;1602424; said:
How do you turn the diesel fired heater on mine might have it and I don't even know.
you cant turn them on .
they come on automaticly when the temp is low enough and you have over 1/4 tank of fuel.
I unplug the wire connector from mine to test them or turn them off.

Check for a little tail pipe under the van, under the drivers seat.
Check for an 800.00 option on the window sticker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts