Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, can I get some comments on what might make a better buy? I see leftover lly units around my area and wonder if the upgraded lly would be better than the lbz?

·
Registered
95 Posts
LLY or LBZ

The only difference in the the two is 50hp.and 45fpt.Drive em' both, hard to tell the difference,good luck!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here in my area of Okla, you get $1500 off with the older motor and only $500 off with the LBZ when you buy a truck that is on the dealer lot now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Here in my area of Okla, you get $1500 off with the older motor and only $500 off with the LBZ when you buy a truck that is on the dealer lot now.
plus if it's been on the ground awhile march madness may save you even more

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Buy the LBZ, the door emblem is so much cooler:cool2: :cool2: .

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the lly, throw on a downloader, and buy the emblems on ebay, I did. now mines faster than a lbz stock, looks the same, and still $ in my pocket.

·
Registered
85 Posts
bet you are a "cubic zerconia is almost like the real thing" kinda guys

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the LLY and if you follow some of my posts you will see I use my truck for work and not as a burn-out get from 0 to 60 as fast as I can truck. I don't think the little more hp or torque you get with the LBZ is worth $1000. If bragging rights mean a lot to you than get the LBZ.

·
Registered
55 Posts
SD-455,
I agree with you. I am happy with my LLY. It does the job I bought it for. It is my everyday truck and for my part time business.

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
If you plan on staying stock and care greatly about fuel milage you would be greatly disapointed with an LBZ an LLY will get much greater fuel economy. Just got 8.8mpg AGAIN pulling a trailer to canada and back... i got 11mpg with my gasser and a friend gets 15 with his LLY... its up to you what you want. The LBZ is newer and with more power... the price is fuel economy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts