Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Duramax has 410k Miles but is in great shape has no mechanical issues and ran great but the other day until I went to start it and it would crank but not start. Has fuel, cranks ETC

Upon inspection found that the VATS Fuel disable is Active but everything else looks good (Cam sensors, injectors, fuel pressure and seems to have full communication with the reader/tool I have access to. We have tried to reset, relearn, checked everything that was suggested to us on forums like grounds etc. tried an ignition switch and tried to disable the passlock system

The security tell tale is not illuminated, It does throw a u0100 (Lost com with ECM/TCM) randomly but the following codes are what are current and related to this issue, u1096 b1440, b2585,b2620, b2961

We are at a loss and suspect a possible bad ECM. Have you experienced anything like this before?

·
Administrator
15,956 Posts
Have you tried a VATS bypass?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did try the VATS Bypass at the ignition switch and did the 30 min relearn and even had the ECM updated with the VATS System disabled at Kennedy Diesel (John Is awesome and best deal i have found for tuned ECMs and other solid add on's! Good Guy) but truck still wouldn't start But the VATS Fuel disable was in fact reading "inactive"

We then tested pulse at the injectors and found there was none.

Then tested all power and grounds at the ECM Harness with headlight and all connections glowed brightly.

Next checked the wire integrity of the wires from the harness to each injector circuit and found them all to be in good condition and all glowed brightly with headlamp.

Next checked the Injectors themselves for circuit faults but were all found to be open and again both sides glowed brightly when tested with headlamp.

All that said and with the issue showing up so suddenly on a perfectly running truck we are thinking that the FICM that is within the ECM (Since they combined the PCM and FICM into one ECM) is shot.

Sourcing a used one to swap and see.
Wish me luck and let me know if you can think of anything else!

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts