Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says, limped it with only a PPE duramaximizer on kill for like 500 miles at the most...with a total of 2,500 miles on the truck :eek:

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Mike L and I have both been saying how these 06's are gonna be hard on clutches.....I am suprised it limp with conservative power though. Time for a trip to your favorite trans shop!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes sir, i planed to have already gone to suncoast, but work load will not allow it at this time :(

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
How much extra power did you put to it?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I have a question, if you limp a tranny will it reset or is it just toast... I know its a stupid question but I have not seen an answer to this elswhwere?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I have a question, if you limp a tranny will it reset or is it just toast... I know its a stupid question but I have not seen an answer to this elswhwere?
Clear the codes using a Tech II, change the spin on filter, remove the tuning, and you can drive it a LONG time. Just because it slipped at 800ftlb doesn't mean it will slip at 440.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Clear the codes using a Tech II, change the spin on filter, remove the tuning, and you can drive it a LONG time. Just because it slipped at 800ftlb doesn't mean it will slip at 440.
Good answer Pat.
Let me get this straight. Are you bringing your truck to me for trans work or vise versa?):h

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Good answer Pat.
Let me get this straight. Are you bringing your truck to me for trans work or vise versa?):h
Well as soon as my wife and I close on our house, I will be contacting you. Right now I am stock and looking for mods. I am looking for a Predator in the near future...

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much extra power did you put to it?
PPE duramaximizer set on "kill" 150hp (at the flywheel i would imagine)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts