Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some questions on the suspension measurements. The truck is three weeks old and could not be better. Makes me think I should just leave it be. But that is no fun so I decided that I would try to level it. After much help from DP members, I crawled under to see where the keys were to adjust the torsion bars fully expecting the adjustment bolts to look similar. What I found was the passanger side bolt chanked in significantly more than the drivers side. See the attached pictures. Anyone with the original factory settings with a similar situation? Also, any thoughts on this being a problem or not? When I measured the hieghts of all the wheel wells, ground to inner edge of the wheel wells, I did get a difference there also. The numbers are: passanger front 38.125, drivers front 37.75, passanger rear 41.75, drivers rear 41.0 The net is the passanger side is higher and this is the side the key bolt is screwed in further. It just looks like a big difference in the bolt adjustments for a little difference in hieght. I would appreciate your suggestions and experiences on this, to get me a little better educated before I put the socket to it. BTW, the fuel tank on the drivers side is a little less than 3/4 full. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
What you are finding is very typical of GM...most tbars are adjusted differently as you have found...I would just crank the drivers front to match the pass. front and leave it like that...the rear is going to be hard to get the same measurements due to the fuel tank being on the drivers side so expect some lean to that side...especially when above 1/2 tank....good luck with your new ride...I test drove a new dually and boy is it tempting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
just a question i have been wondering about, when you crank the tbars are you supposed to take the load / weight off the front of the truck?

·
Registered
565 Posts
just a question i have been wondering about, when you crank the tbars are you supposed to take the load / weight off the front of the truck?
You should. I've heard of bolt heads twisting off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts