Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i know retiredalaskan has done this....

and i am pretty sure i can figure out the function of the existing wires, but i need to know what the function of the colors for an o6 are???

meaning green is up, black is heat.....as an example.....also, how to make the blinkerr work.....would be great

any help on this would be a godsend....

i have read all the other threads on this and only know that it can be done, not how to do it....

thanks in advance

MAtt

·
Registered
84 Posts
Grab a multimeter you can figure it out pretty easy that way. Just need to find your common ground on the plug and then go wire to wire till you know what is what.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured that, but i wont know the mirror functions....the mirror wont just plug in and the colors are different....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just get yourself a low amperage 12v battery and some aligator clips you can function the power options that way. :) I do these sorts of things at work with my robots and stuff.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, that is a great idea, so i would take and ground the battery, and use the pos to touch pins and see what they do...is that right....

thansk for the help...

Matt

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would a 14.4 volt output powersupply work??? i have one for my rccars.....same as a battery, more constant....prolly overkill, but it is what i have

let me know...

thanks again...

Matt

·
Registered
84 Posts
Should work just fine. I typically run 15v through the motors on my cameras and stuff so the 14.4v will be just fine. Let me know how it works because I'll be doing the same thing before too long.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
adam

i am guessing that i will need to mount the mirror to test it...i cant get it to work on the bench, prolly cause i cant find a ground....i tryed the mount bolt, but that did not work,,,i will mess with it later tonighti know it will work, i just need a ground...

Matt

·
Registered
84 Posts
One of the wires in the harness for the mirror should be a ground, but if you can't find one sometimes things like that are just weird.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do the 06 mirrors bolt up to the older body style without any modifications to the base?

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Do the 06 mirrors bolt up to the older body style without any modifications to the base?
They 06 mirrors will fit a 99-05 truck. I doubt they will bolt onto an OBS truck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
They 06 mirrors will fit a 99-05 truck. I doubt they will bolt onto an OBS truck.
Exactly what I was looking for. I should been more specific in my question, I was refering to the 02 Chevy/GMC. Wasn't sure if the 02 and 03 used the same mounts.

Thanks!

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Yes, they'll bolt right up to your truck, the only trouble is you have to wire them up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts