Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 CC with only 13,500 miles and the tie rod ends are shot per alignment shop. Took it to the dealer at 11,000 miles and complained that it was pulling to right and steering wheel had been about 20 degrees off center since truck was new. Dealer said it was alignment issue and not covered under warranty, so took it to independent alignment shop. They advised tie rod ends both need to be replaced. Called dealer and they said could not be, never seen it with mileage so low. Stock wheels, tires and no towing or loads since new. Anyone else encounter this problem or know of TSB that addresses it?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Don't think there is a TSB on it. B/S that the dealer is balking on this. I would keep pestering them on this.

NEL

·
Registered
732 Posts
That dealer is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. I took my 04.5 LLY in, because the front end was sagging pretty bad and it had a gentle pull to the right. The dealership cranked up the torsion bars, to level out the truck and did a front allignment, all under warranty. If I remember correctly I had about 10,000 miles on the truck. I was suprised because I thought the front end allignment wouldn't be covered. If they give you trouble, call the GM support line and go to another dealer if at all possible.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
IIRC in the warranty manual it states alignment is covered to 7500 miles

·
Registered
847 Posts
03 d/max here @ 36,000 dealer put new pitman,idler arms and outer tie-rods on.Under warranty.I think thats to early for worn parts!

·
Registered
633 Posts
IIRC in the warranty manual it states alignment is covered to 7500 miles
Replacement of bad parts is different than performing an alignment. I would read the above sentence as the cost to actually perform an alignment.

Based on the above, the dealer should replace the necessary parts under waranty but the owner should pay for alignment costs.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
GM covered alignment on 3 of my vehicles all under 10000 mi

·
Registered
489 Posts
This is odd for such low mileage but not uncommon, but the tie-rods are the weakest link on the HD's IFS front end. My recommendation is get a set of SuperDiesel tie-rod sleeves!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tie rod sleeves wouldn't prevent tie rod wear. They just prevent tierod bending.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts