Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was moving my stuff out to Indianapolis last weekend and was getting close to indy on I-70 when a dually CTD around 00-02 model pulled up beside me and dropped a gear to show the power of the cummins. He was pulling a small 12-14ft light weight trailer and I had the 12ft enclosed U-Haul full of my crap on my LLY its completly stock. The only thing I could see on his truck was exhaust. Anyways he dropped the gear and started takeing off and I decided to open it up. We where already rolling around 65 when we started and we ran to around 85-90 but I pulled 2+ truck/trailer lengths on him in that space. It surprised me that I pulled him that much as he was pretty much empty maybe 700lb trailer and I was pulling around 4000lbs. I will say the Dmax didnt change much with the trailer behind it I got 14mpg running 70 all the way and got 17.5 empty the next day driving home without the brick behind it. Anyways I love the truck and have enjoyed putting the 24000 miles on it since july it just keeps getting stronger.

Also the stock tires are back on the truck the 285s where worn out and I didnt want to spend the money on new tires before i start my new job.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
NICE KILL...

Personally i hate being behind one of the cummins that smoke like a train. There is one in town, from the stop sign, the smoke is crazy...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
putting the 24000 miles on it since july it just keeps getting stronger.

Also the stock tires are back on the truck the 285s .
:eek:

You only got 24k out of your Mud Terrains?

·
Registered
946 Posts
No that avitar rocks. Fuel4me. HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep 24k hard miles but I never rotated them and I have a lead foot I drive back roads(gravel,dirt,mud,fields) on a regular basis. I am a firm believer in the idea that these trucks adjust to the driver as mine will out run several of my friends trucks and they are almost identical just I have a harder driving style than them and my turbo spools faster than there trucks. When I swapped the tires the back ones were bald and the front right was close but the left still had close to half tread left. I didnt get it aligned after I cranked the T-Bars up and that caused the front to wear bad now that is fixed so the tires will wear more evenly. And yes I know I am supposed to rotate my tire frequently but I wanted to see the natural wear charactists of my tires on the first set. Now that I am moving into an apartment its gonna suck though as I am used to going out to the garage and doing my own work. Guess I will have to find a place south of Indianapolis to work on my truck when the time arises or just pay a shop to do the work:eek:

Do any of u all notice your truck smoking more if u are cruising for extended periods of time. On the trip out I noticed whenever I got into it after an extended cruise control section it would smoke more than normal. At one time I couldnt see the lights of the car behind me all I could see was the glow of the lights through the smoke.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Personally i hate being behind one of the cummins that smoke like a train. There is one in town, from the stop sign, the smoke is crazy...[/quote]
You've never drivin behind Timdog's Cummins. You'll need radar in order to see whats in front of you.):h
Greg

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Personally i hate being behind one of the cummins that smoke like a train. There is one in town, from the stop sign, the smoke is crazy...
You've never drivin behind Timdog's Cummins. You'll need radar in order to see whats in front of you.):h
Greg[/quote]

:lol:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Big Deal.....it was a 2nd gen dodge with proly 230 hp.

:badidea: You don't need to put anyone down just cause you don't have anything in your sig, you can get plenty of power out of sec generation dodges, if you dont think its a big deal DONT READ IT:exactly: .....anyways good kill man

-Rob-

·
Registered
27 Posts
well I don't know

I don't know about a nice kill but does anybody here besides me see a problem with pulling trailers 90mph?:eek:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice kill, that will teach him!

Agreed with Rhall...
Nebuniram..make a signature please...I see you bash alot and I would just like to see what you drive.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ghall yes i agree usually racing with trailers is not the smartest thing to do but I was rolling 75-80 most of the trip anyways just to stay with traffic and its not like these trucks are rocketships at highway speeds so ya we raced with trailers but we had an empty 4lane highway with lots of room to run. I was rolling close to 90 a few times on the trip out when i got in a convoy of truckers and rolled with them for a few miles. But i do agree with you racing with a trailer is not smart and shouldnt be done exp from a stop but i do think it can be done safely if no one gets crazy and there is plenty of empty road.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
California has a 55mph limit pulling a trailer. But here, people do all kinds of dumb things. And nevermind racing, going 85-90 with a 12' trailer or any trailer is just dumb.....nothing to brag about. I've also seen idiots doing 80 pulling a trailer with 6 snowmobiles, or a couple horses, or an 18' boat, and wondered into which end they put the brains.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm sure you guys have never done anything less than intelligent before in your life either.:confuzeld

Nice kill

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.