Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had this go out at 30K and have been without my truck for over a week. I heard there is a recall on these, anyone have this problem.

05 duramax 2500HD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its only a recall if it breaks down. I had the same problem with my 04.5. I scanned the code which read ( #2 injector bad contact ) I removed the connector from the injector and stuck a small scribe into the female spade connector and slightly pushed it only enough to tighten the connection and not to much to ruin the connector. I've put on 20,000 miles since with no problems. You could still have the same problem with a new harness. It hasn't changed only who installs it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
had this go out at 30K and have been without my truck for over a week. I heard there is a recall on these, anyone have this problem.

05 duramax 2500HD
Talked to a mechanic today at one of my local Checy dealerships, asked him about this very same thing, NO RECALL on the harness, he said the ones that come in are problems with #2 and #7 injector connectors. He told me the mechanics used to replace the whole harness, not anymore, there is a repair kit for the two problem injector connectors and will only be repaired if the customer has a problem with the connectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts