Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. We all know now that there will be a new Dmax engine in the near future, code LLY. What I want to ask is what the latest word is on numbers, availability, time frame, ect. It was said on some other boards that the #'s where 325..565. Is this still the common concensus??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GMC, thanks for the input. I know this is like asking what the weather will be in a month, but do you have ANY idea when we might see the engines switch over?? The reason I ask was that initally I read that they wouldn't BUILD the new ones until after 01/01/04. Now it appears that they are going to/are building the new ones, just holding them until the LB7 supply is used up. Maybe that will mean LLY could be here in the next coupla months.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are they still producing the 01-03 engine right now?? I would think that if they were simply using up their supply for the early '04's and then switching to the new engine, they might need to switch before January.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.