Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. We all know now that there will be a new Dmax engine in the near future, code LLY. What I want to ask is what the latest word is on numbers, availability, time frame, ect. It was said on some other boards that the #'s where 325..565. Is this still the common concensus??

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
bowtiebob,

From what we "hear" the current engine is still being used until the supply runs out, then all the Duramax engines will be the new design.

Hp/Torque figures are not set in stone as of yet. I have heard 320 ish/560 ish

Redesigned valve covers and external plumbing for the fuel rails as well as a possible or probable redesign of the injector cup seals.

Time will tell.

GMC
Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMC, thanks for the input. I know this is like asking what the weather will be in a month, but do you have ANY idea when we might see the engines switch over?? The reason I ask was that initally I read that they wouldn't BUILD the new ones until after 01/01/04. Now it appears that they are going to/are building the new ones, just holding them until the LB7 supply is used up. Maybe that will mean LLY could be here in the next coupla months.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
bowtiebob said:
GMC, thanks for the input. I know this is like asking what the weather will be in a month, but do you have ANY idea when we might see the engines switch over?? The reason I ask was that initally I read that they wouldn't BUILD the new ones until after 01/01/04. Now it appears that they are going to/are building the new ones, just holding them until the LB7 supply is used up. Maybe that will mean LLY could be here in the next coupla months.

Heard by January or sooner depending on production.

GMC

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
bowtiebob,

From what we "hear" the current engine is still being used until the supply runs out, then all the Duramax engines will be the new design.

Hp/Torque figures are not set in stone as of yet. I have heard 320 ish/560 ish

Redesigned valve covers and external plumbing for the fuel rails as well as a possible or probable redesign of the injector cup seals.

Time will tell.

GMC
I heard they are getting rid of the injector cups all together. The injectors will seal directly to the head at the combustion chamber.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they still producing the 01-03 engine right now?? I would think that if they were simply using up their supply for the early '04's and then switching to the new engine, they might need to switch before January.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive gone to two dealers to talk about placing an order on an LLY.but they try so hard to get me in a duramax thats on the lot that it it pisses me off. Seems most of the salemen dont know sh*t about it yet.hopefully around dec or jan they will have the specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts