Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone has experienced their factory stereo resetting itself. Its weird, about once a week it will reset to 12:00 and the CD will start at the beginning. It doesn't happen while driving, its only when the key is turned on, almost like the battery has been disconnected. But I havent touched the batteries. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanx!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Radio resetting itself

Kanlhitit;

There are two "hot" lines that go to the radio, one is hot all the time and the other is only hot when the key is on. Now, this is just "best guess" on my part, I think if the hot all the time line is intermittent you will get the problem you describe. I think you could pull the fuse for the hot all the time line with the key on and the clock and all your presets would be ok. If I remember correctly, the key on line overides the hot all the time line. It would be easy enough to check my theory, if you can find the fuse for the always hot line. My book says it is a 15 amp fuse marked Radio, and it is in the under hood fuse box. Just turn the key on, turn the radio on and set the clock or some presets and then pull the 15 amp fuse and check your clock and presets - all with the key still on of course. What I think is happening is that the hot all the time line is losing power while the key is off causing the radio to dump the clock and presets. If it opens up while the key is on you won't know it because the key on line is keeping every thing supplied with 12 volts. Could be a flaky fuse connection or the radio connector.

Hope this helps :)

Bill S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts