Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem? Truck makes what sounds like clunking when turning the wheels on smooth surface. Haven't contacted dealer yet, hoping to get some insight before calling. Don't want them telling me it's normal. Buddy of mine has same truck,doesn't make this noise. Thanks:help2:

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Apparently its an intermediate steering shaft problem, there is a TSB out on it. Mine does it to but I am not taking it to them with all the gear I have on it, they would crap for sure. After my testing I will get it done :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, No recall on that, instead they worry about the third seat belt retainer. Thanks again. John

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Thanks Chris, No recall on that, instead they worry about the third seat belt retainer. Thanks again. John
Winning mentality they have huh? The steering thing is majorly irritating as you well know, if I were looking at a used truck and I drove it and it did this.... well, there wouldn't be a sale I can assure you! $40-$50k vehicles shouldn't clunk and thump like 1970's beaters. :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I wanted something that clunked I would have bought one of those things with horns on the emblem. Will post when they correct the problem. Went back to stock tune so I can go to the "Dealer", and boy does it suck!!!!! Have a good one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts