Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly is the standard warranty?? the body/chassis is 3yr/36k and drivetraine 5yr/100k?? that also includes the trans and diffs?? what is this i hear about 7yr/200k on the injectors???

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
My warranty (2002) is 5yr/100k on the engine and engine related componets. Injectors on the 01's and 02's are 7yr/200k. Most everything else is 3yr/36k which includes the tranny, differential, axel seals etc etc. Tires / batteries are generally covered by manufactures warranty. There are some exceptions that I'm not sure of but paint for example is rarely warranted for more then a year and smog related stuff has a warranty which I am unclear on. The NSBU sw that tells the ecm what gear the trans is in seem to fall under the emmisions warranty for a diesel.......So making a short story long, 3/36 is the end for most items other then engine

·
Registered
212 Posts
what exactly is the standard warranty?? the body/chassis is 3yr/36k and drivetraine 5yr/100k?? that also includes the trans and diffs?? what is this i hear about 7yr/200k on the injectors???
Don't think your Trans and Diffs. is included under the 5yr/100k warranty. The Engine is the only think under this warranty. The Trans and Diffs. are only warranted for the 3yr/36 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts