Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new trucking back from the dealer which had it 8 days. I had it 7 before that and now I am leaking oil again. Man, i had a 03 6.0 and had a knock, but it never leaked oil. I not sure which one I would want now. The dealer knows me by name now.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Where was the first leak discovered at ?? Oil leaks are fairly easy to resolve .... The dealer puts dye in the oil that will glow when a blacklight is used at the source of the leak .... Frustrating for the new owner but an easy fix ....

Good luck,hope it's the last time for this issue ....

Mac

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first leak was at the oil sending unit and now it is leaking at the valve cover.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a very slow leak above my oil filter. When I changed my oil last time my filter was dirty with oil and dirt. I made sure the new filter was not leaking but now that one is dirt also. I have no oil on my garage floor or on my driveway.

My question is this the same problem that you have with the oil sending unit? What could be above my filter that has such a slow leak that it does not leak enough to drip on the driveway or garage floor. Just above the oil filter it dirty w/oil as well and I made sure it was extreemly clean last oil change.

I am worried but not extreemly since there is not enough of a leak to drip and there appears to be no oil loss on dip stick.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You need to keep an eye on that truck and see where it has been puttig it's filter. Does your wife's car have an enlarged tail pipe all of a sudden

1 - 6 of 6 Posts