Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's BONE STOCK 04 tahoe - and the CD changer suddenly goes between INTIALIZING and nothing on the display. If you hit LOAD - it says CHANGER FULL, if you hit eject it does nothing. You chan't change to another CD, nor get it to play.

Anyone seen anything like this? Anyway to force reset this thing...

??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
time to upgrade your system
Excellent Idea... now - anyone know if i can successfully move my stock 6 disc changer out of my DMAX - into her tahoe so i can install some DeLux Nav and Video (upgrade) system in my 05DMAX?

Don't they have some security/serialization on them you have to work around... IIRC - I couldn't just move the head unit... some theft protection thing...?

:ro)

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Thank you Dieselman75 for your excellent insight. :duh: How about helping the guy out for a change instead of the smart aleck comments?

Fester, it obviously sounds like the CD mechanism is jammed up. Short of taking the radio apart, theres not much you can do. Those radios are pretty much non-serviceable except by pros. Is the Tahoe still under warranty?

As for the radio out of the Dmax....Yes, it will go into the Tahoe. You would just have to have the radio reprogrammed by a dealer for the Tahoe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BAC. Unfortunately - she's at about 40k miles - so just outside of warranty...

I consider "no user serviceable parts inside" to be a challenge, not a warning. I'll double check w/the dealer - but if it's out of warranty - no risk in takin it to the bench...

thanks

UF

·
Registered
298 Posts
What if he were to try pulling the radio fuse out for a few minutes to see if it fixes itself?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had my truck for 2 weeks and the same thing happened. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the unit, never did get my cd's back from GM.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
What if he were to try pulling the radio fuse out for a few minutes to see if it fixes itself?
Well, you could try that, but all the radios that I've heard of that jammed like that needed to be replaced. Its a problem in the CD-swapping drive, almost like a switch broke.

·
Registered
73 Posts
there is a program update now for inop cd operations. when we have that problem come in here, a reprogramming normally will fix it. the dealer will have to pull you program out with a tech 2 and check it on SI to see if the update is out for you tahoe. more than likely is if you have not had it reprogrammed in the last 6 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts