Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been on here for a while got a lot of info from you all,thanks. I need help have 04.5 lly truck, starts ,idles but when it stats to go to high idle or try to give it fuel coughs pukes white smoke and quits. Have changed fuel filter no help ,swapped mass air flow sensor no help .truck has 32000 miles have had no major trouble with it till now. I have 6 gun , banks air box and filter has been in truck for sometime now, unhooked banks kit made no change. Only code is p0106 that is why swapped mass air flow ,i have a 05 lly that i swapped with it works fine in that truck, so must be some other problem. Any help will be greatly appericated

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Have you checked the injector harness near the alternator bracket for rubbing? What about the infamous #2 or #7 injector harness troubles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know for sure what the heck it was, but I disabled the high idle let it run and tapped on egr and couple of other valves and got it running today. Ran it and it cleared it's own codes. Drive it and see what happens I gess. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts