Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I bought an 05 2500 with a screwed motor and bought an 04.5 LLY that was out of a C5500, swapped all necessary items and opted to stick with the 2500s injectors (new reman), wiring harness and other modules to ensure there wouldn’t be any issues. Now trying to get it to fire the first time and it would only crank using the key for 3 seconds before it would stop itself, no codes. Unplugged the crank sensor and situation didn’t change so swapped it out for the spare off the other motor and that fixed that issue, now cranks as long as I want. Cranked and codes popped up P0336 and P0340 so swapped cam sensor too and now it still won’t start and only P0366 is coming up, got a new sensor today and still the same code and issue.

I’ve looked into the reluctor wheel issue some people have had and it’s tight, all other posts I’ve seen on all different sites lead to absolutely nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Did you install an OEM crank and cam sensors?
Is the security light on the cluster? Could be a VATS issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace
Did you install an OEM crank and cam sensors?
Is the security light on the cluster? Could be a VATS issue
The new crank sensor is OEM and the cam sensor was from the grenaded motor and didn’t cause any issues before and so far hasn’t yet. Security light is not on either.
Trying to trace wiring now but haven’t found anything yet

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
The new crank sensor is OEM and the cam sensor was from the grenaded motor and didn’t cause any issues before and so far hasn’t yet. Security light is not on either.
Trying to trace wiring now but haven’t found anything yet
Along with tracing wires double check your harness connections. Make sure no pins got bent or pushed back, loose, etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Along with tracing wires double check your harness connections. Make sure no pins got bent or pushed back, loose, etc..
Traced all wires and no issues, checked reluctor wheel on parts motor and the new motor and found there IS a difference in teeth on it. I couldn’t find that anywhere before making this post. Front cover has to come back apart and change it out (woohoo)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts