Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here. I bought my truck a year ago and apparently it is modified to the hilt. I want to sell it. I’ve been told it’s a badass truck and there is a lot of money in the upgrades.
In Feb it started running bad. I had to have it towed 200 miles. The first shop said it was a broken crank. Warranty company voided warranty because they told the warranty company it was modified. I bought it that way. $1100 to break it down. Ive had4 different shops tell something different each time. Chevrolet won’t touch it. This truck has two compound turbos and I think another turbo. I was told It is a very fast truck. Supposedly a racing truck. Where do I go to find out what is wrong with it. I had no idea what I was buying. I just replaced the harmonic balancer because it was shaking. I don’t know who I can trust. I am a single woman and don’t know **** about my truck.

I need a high performance mechanic.

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Please list all the mods you can.
Also, If you list your general location information, members may be able to recommend a shop or mechanic who can help sort things out.
The more we know, the more we can assist.

(y)

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
One of the first things to do is find a scanner, plug it into the truck and pull any codes. Most auto parts stores can do this for free.
If you do find any codes please post them here.

There is a shop I can recommend that is one of our Supporting Vendors.
You can call/visit Strictly Diesel in Phoenix: Strictly Diesel - Diesel Performance Parts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will attach the autozone report I did a couple months back. But then I had a friend who did a more intensive scan. I don’t have that report.
Here is a text he sent me when I tried to take it to Chevy Dealer here in town. He went as far as he could and said to get Chevy to scan it. They won’t touch it. This is what he sent me:

He said he needed to know which turbo so he could replace the solenoid. He said his scan showed all the turbos were open.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phoenix is 200 mi from me. Thats where i had my truck towed from.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
There is no turbo control solenoid, circuit etc.on a LB7. You have a compound charger setup of somewhat questionable quality. A bit of a hodgepodge.

Reactions: UPABOVE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts