Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. Just found this after months of watching tdp and tds (yea, I got one of both). Anyway, the other day when exiting my '03 3500, my seat motor started buzzing and the only way to shut it off was to turn easy exit off and seat memory off.

Truck's got 94K on it, so this is gonna be on my dime. What's it typically cost to fix this?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional Symtom

If it matters or helps diagnose, it now appears that for whatever reason (not sure if related to motor running or not) that when I turn the seat heater on high now, it gets WAY more hotter, to the point it starts to cook my butt. I don't know if this is related or not or another problem. Can you guys sit in your heated seats on high?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have to back off of high heat after about 3-5 min. or like you say starts cooking butt.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Make sure you don't have anything jammed in the tracks causing the seat to get stuck, the motor just maybe trying to get into the right spot to easy exit and it can't.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoped I'd Found It...

There was a flashlight close to the seat in the back. Moved it, but still had the same symptoms at exit. In manually operating the buttons, it seems to be the down that makes the noise.

Thanks anyway Dragon. Any other suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts