Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin to get get a set of pocket style flares from stylin concepts for my truck but i want to know how much extra coverage they will provide. I would like to see a good up close picture front the front or the side. Or if anyone knows where i ca get a set cheaper thanks. thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They stick out 2 inches from the body. I've got 285's on wider rims (I think they're 8" rims) and they're spot on as far as covering the extra tire that sticks out. Let me know if you need any more pictures!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the only other question i have is when u buy them do they come like the stock flares like flat black or are they a smooth glossy black. And how hard was it to prep and paint them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They're a flat black like the factory flares.. they're not _quite_ as dull as the factory ones, but they're by no means glossy. I'd say its about the same look as the black plastic housing on the mirrors.

I had someone paint them (I can't do a good enough job myself!) and he said they were a pain in the *** to get the paint in the little pockets without it puddling up and running.. but he did a really good job.. almost too good. Its a lot smoother finish on the flares than the original paint job on the fenders!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts