Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight on my way home my truck stalled at a stop sign,put it in park and re-started. It fired right up, put it in gear and pushed on the go pedal and it died again. Started it again and left the stop sign , it ran fine the rest of the drive home. Checked for DTC's and there were none.Truck was at 186 degrees, Edge juice w/A2 on level 3. Fuel Filter has about 3000 miles on it. Filled up last night at a card lock where I always get fuel. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
sounds like it was hungry for some fuel

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I've seen the Edge do that before.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My dad had that happen several times with his LB7 because of the edge unit. A couple times he had to disconnect the edge to restart the truck. It mostly did it when it was hot out. He talked to edge about it and insisted that he swap the box out for a new one and its been fine ever since.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tonight on my way home my truck stalled at a stop sign,put it in park and re-started. It fired right up, put it in gear and pushed on the go pedal and it died again. Started it again and left the stop sign , it ran fine the rest of the drive home. Checked for DTC's and there were none.Truck was at 186 degrees, Edge juice w/A2 on level 3. Fuel Filter has about 3000 miles on it. Filled up last night at a card lock where I always get fuel. Any Ideas?
Call Edge. I have replaced mine three times now because of this condition. They supposedly have fixed the heat related shut down condition and should replace it. Mine is being shipped as we speak..Jim

·
Registered
204 Posts
another vote for the edge. i had mine replaced because of same problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like I will be calling Edge. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
what causes the edge to shut down the engine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Duraman03, could be the fact that its an LB7 Duramax... :lol: just kidding. We have tuned many Duramax LB7 and LLY's (still waiting for something else than Bully Dog for the LBZ) at my shop and the only time it has shut a truck down after using the edge was on the LLY's from getting a little too hot (coolant/egt's/engine compartment). Possibly a pin or two is loose in the Edge Juice and has backed out, or this particular edge unit you have has an issue with short durations of heat. No big deal, edge has the best customer service out of any aftermarket diesel performance company I know,,, they would be more than happy to replace the unit you have for another...

Good Luck on that... I'm sure I will chat with you soon! :ro)

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, despite the problems you've had, would you still recommend an Edge? I've never herd of this problem before, but was considering buying one . . .

·
Registered
353 Posts
So, despite the problems you've had, would you still recommend an Edge? I've never herd of this problem before, but was considering buying one . . .
Definitely.

Not very common. More common for someone to bend a pin when installing and it takes a while to show up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts