Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: it only cover the high flow return( fuel in the crankcase) and injectors coming out of the popits.....or somting like that. Does not cover high balance rates.:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
03LB-7dmax;1591697; said:
:mad: it only cover the high flow return( fuel in the crankcase) and injectors coming out of the popits.....or somting like that. Does not cover high balance rates.:mad: :mad: :mad:
How and when did you find this out?? I just took mine in to cheak and I have an appointment schedualed for 2 weeks from now to have mine replaced. And 4 of 8 are for high balence rates.

Bentley

·
Registered
51 Posts
if you have high balance rates you probably have high flow.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
epb091786;1591728; said:
How and when did you find this out?? I just took mine in to cheak and I have an appointment schedualed for 2 weeks from now to have mine replaced. And 4 of 8 are for high balence rates.

Bentley
I just talked to my tech, about the ext-coverage, thats when he told me that.Im still with in my emission warranty, still free.but after 100k, is the scary part if you have high balance rates.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dmaxtech;1591786; said:
if you have high balance rates you probably have high flow.
my #1 injector is at +7.3 and i have no diesel in my oil. Its been like that for about a month.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Thats interesting. I am not an expert on this, but the last I had heard the 7yr/200,000 mile warranty has not changed and your truck should be covered.

Bentley

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I thought it was a 9yr/200,000 mile warrenty?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
epb091786;1591814; said:
thats interesting. I am not an expert on this, but the last i had heard the 7yr/200,000 mile warranty has not changed and your truck should be covered. Bentley
it is covered for that long,"except high balance rates"

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buildingup;1591823; said:
I thought it was a 9yr/200,000 mile warrenty?
Nope, just 7/200k

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The TSB is very specific about the symptoms and as others before you have posted, some dealers try to get out of warranty work by using the excuse that a particular truck does not exhibit the exact symptoms.

So re-read the TSB and find another dealer and say things like: Hard starting, low oil pressure etc.

It's BS but beware that some dealers are doing this.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
If not happy with one dealer, there are MANY more dealers out there, you may have to travel a little, but it would be worth it in the end.

Shop around, that is what I love about America!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts