Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left one of my customers. They have 3 D/A's. One of the owners new d/a (03) with 38k just failed. He took it to the dealer and they told him 3 injectors were bad. They fixed the 3 and he went to pick it up. He just got out of the driveway and it quit. They towed it back and they told him 2 more injectors were bad. He let them fix it. He went to pick it up and it quit on the way home. They then told him the rest of the injectors and the pump were bad. They fixed it and he went to pick it up. He drove it less then 200 miles and it quit again. Now they are telling him its the pump again.

Man is that BS or what?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I thought they (GM) were changing all the injectors in sets of 8 now.

·
Registered
692 Posts
as of feb 18th we got a bulliten to replace all 8 injector on all 01-04 lb7 motors that show any signs of ses light on with 3 codes and/or lack of power hard start or fuel in oil.....this bulliten is given to us "make us better" gm cant save there aces...so all you guys take a number add a couple of gallons of fuel in the oil and you will get new injectors.....8 of them....try it every 30k miles if your willing to have your truck down a few days....ill get the number of the bulliten tomarrow.remember for us techs be nice the labor time was moved to 8 hrs for all 8 ......they dont even include the fact that fuel pumps can be bad and fuel psi relief vlvs as well......gm dont even know diesels......

·
Registered
572 Posts
Stories like this one are about 90% of the reason I went with the wife's decision to go with the Freightliner. I'm not a big fan of repeat problems, misdiagnosis, and the famous line " you didn't buy that truck from us did you?" Traveling from NY to Alaska and everywhere else in America, with two kids and a dog, I prefer to try and limit my down time as much as possible
Dave

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
ProblemChild, what do you do?

Either way, that sucks. Im just hoping that the CAT filter will save it...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Do you guys really relieve that BS story? Later! Frank

·
Registered
79 Posts
PC,

Looks like YOUR "luck" is spreading, I better get a shot or something

·
Registered
616 Posts
every forum needs a problemchild, or there wouldn't be anything to talk about

·
Registered
909 Posts
Not so much recently but these stories were pretty typical stories as I recall. Techs needed to be careful as debris would fall into areas that caused further catastrophic injector problems. For this to be happening now it must be a back woods service department.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bigfoot and bart ya took the words right out of my mouth!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mackin said:
gm dont even know diesels......

Guess the name Isuzu was the clue that GM needed some help ~

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Do you guys really relieve that BS story? Later! Frank
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think he meant believe.

I asked my customer where his truck was. Thats when he told me it has been in the shop for over a month. The above story is as true as it gets. Man he was pissed off. He's now going to sell the truck. I told him about this forum and the injector problems I have read about. I also told him he needed a 2nd filter/additive.

He said "hell no" Im not doing all that crap. I'll just sell the truck. His brother has the 2nd d/a and one of the workers has the other.

I know they race a lot in mexico so I asked him if he ever fueled up down there. He said only once almost a year ago.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As crappy as our fuel is here he probably got better fuel in Mexico.

·
Banned
394 Posts
just pull it up to the front door and burn the damn thing...

·
Registered
391 Posts
My FREIGHTLINER HAS A INJECTOR PROBLEM 1st one 397,000

·
Registered
909 Posts
mpl897 said:
My FREIGHTLINER HAS A INJECTOR PROBLEM 1st one 397,000

I understand some of those big rig systems push near 30000 psi. What is the expected life?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts