Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has been sitting at the stealer since last Monday. Took them until Wednesday to look at it and then order the injectors. Called on Friday to see if done, injectors not in. Called today, injectors are on back order and they don't know when they will ship. Anybody know if this is true? Its been a week and a half and I miss my DMAX:D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Everything is on back order or ship direct with the DMAX.:(

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine were in stock at the dealer :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they outta step it up a notch in customer service

·
Registered
718 Posts
With the new ULSD, is there a new rash of injector failures all of a sudden?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wouldn't others (Ford 7.3, older Cummins, even older 6.5's) have problems as well if ULSD was the case?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I would think so. But, I dont do much following of Ford or Dodge Diesels to know wether they are having issues or not. Also, it seems that GM has had a higher injector failure rate compared to ford and dodge to begin with, but I could be wrong at that point also. Like I said, I dont follow them much. I was just throwing out an idea....

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The 6.0 Powerpuke has more injector problems then GM.:rolleyes: But then again, what isn't a problem with the 6.0?

Dealers have to order injectors case by case by the VIN for warranty. Then it takes 4-5 days for them to show up, sometimes even longer! Last set I did was little over a week ago, and they showed up in 4 days. We used to have them in stock, but GM changed that for us!:mad: Just my .02...

·
Registered
140 Posts
When mine got done back in December, the dealer that said they needed to be replaced was waiting over 3 weeks for them to come in. I ended up checking with the dealer that was less than a block away, they had 10 injectors in stock, did the job in 1 day. From my understanding, the dealers can only get the injectors when they are ordered from a VIN number, so unless they have extra in stock from a previous job, they won't have any sitting around.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
clancutters;1531780; said:
Wouldn't others (Ford 7.3, older Cummins, even older 6.5's) have problems as well if ULSD was the case?
One of my best friends is a tech at a Ford store and they have definetly seen a rash of failures after ULSD as well. Ask your dealer if they have them on a SPAC case. I worked GM parts for 8 yrs, whether the job is warranty or not even if it is ordered from an independent shop the parts guy can call GM's automated system and type the vin in. If GM has them in no SPO they will find them at another dealer w them and ship them to the dealer in question at NO extra cost to the dealer that filed the SPAC case. YOU would be surprised how many parts guys give you the deer in the headlights look when asked about this!! Sometimes the part comes quicker this way than if in regular stock. I once ordered a trans that was backordered and filed a Spac case it was there the next morning from a dealer in KY, so if the dealer wants to it can happen

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called and filed a complaint with GM on Tuesday, and on Tuesday the injectors hadn't even shipped. SO I was thinking maybe next week at the earliest. They said 4-5 days in transit. I guess GM spoke with my dealer and yesterday I get a call from the dealer and they said that the injectors just showed up. WOW Next Day Air shipping!?!? I think not. I was demanding a loaner vehicle and GM was going to make the dealer follow through with that. So I guess they got their A$$ in gear and found some at a nearby dealer. Should have it by tomorrow

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I JUST had my truck in for injectors; diagnosed 01/02/2007, I ok'd the repair 01/03/2007, all parts were ordered from GM on 01/04/2007 by my dealer in CT, parts arrived at the dealer 01/08/2007.

They had 3 injectors in stock and had to order the other 5, plus all the gaskets.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The injectors will actually not come from gm, will ship direct from vendor-isuzu, we were told gm has over 4000 on backorder right now. We were able to get 2 sets for 2 jobs, first one in 1 day, second took 2days. Some may take longer. Hope that helps

·
Registered
710 Posts
Actually I think those are Bosch injectors aren't they?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea Bosch injection system. Got it back today I am thrilled to have it back!! wow 2 weeks without it. Payed for a fuel filter and that was it. Very happy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.