Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My parents are having some problems with their truck. 2003 Chevy 2500HD LB7, Allison, 4x4. The brake light keeps coming on, along with the check engine light, and the truck will not go over 30-40MPH, and the speedo is definitely off. When going this speed it will say you are going anywhere from 10-30 and be jumping all around.

I mess with cars and trucks a lot and like to consider myself to be a decent mechanic. It has already been in the shop, they charged my parents $250 to replace the VSS which did nothing. They said it had metal all over it. Is it in the transfer case tailshaft like the old body style trucks? The shop said the transfer case was bad and wanted to put a GM reman transfer case in it, for $2,500. Screw that, you know? They really don't have the money because of the holiday season and my father being out of work. I have rebuilt transfer cases myself and I believe I will be fine fixing the truck for them myself so long as I can find the information I need.

So far to start out I just want to look into these DTCs a little more before I tear into the truck. Is anyone familiar with these DTC codes?

PO500
PO700
PO721
PO735
PO776

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Does the transfer case have the pump rub hole in it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pump rub hole?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts