1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Mine had 8 new injectors at 81,000 :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
It is somewhat random, I wouldn't worry. They are covered til 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It is somewhat random, I wouldn't worry. They are covered til 200,000 miles.
I've got 51K on mine and no issues....do the search, I'm not sure about the coverage, the updated T.S.B from G.m is really gray! I have not seen if anybody can really truthfully say thay have had an 03 or early 04 covered under full warranty( someone please prove me wrong!!!!)

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
From what I understand from the TSB, the dealer will only replace the injectors that are bad on 03-04 trucks...but I'd imagine if you complain loud enough, they'd do them all.

Look, if your injectors go bad, they go bad. Chances are if they do, your covered. Just drive your truck, have fun with it, and don't worry so much.

·
Registered
159 Posts
From what I understand from the TSB, the dealer will only replace the injectors that are bad on 03-04 trucks...but I'd imagine if you complain loud enough, they'd do them all.

Look, if your injectors go bad, they go bad. Chances are if they do, your covered. Just drive your truck, have fun with it, and don't worry so much.
I guess your right,just nice to know you don't need to fight the stealer every #[email protected]%^&'in time!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I had two crap out at just under 25000, now at 55000+ still running strong. Not sure how long they'll last, but i'm not worrying about it either.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've heard from a knowledgable Duramax mechanic that the '03's up to a June '03 build had the '01-'02 injectors, and after that, had the newer ones. I've not heard that from anybody else, so I really don't know how accurate that is. For those with '03's who've had injectors replaced, what month was your build? There may be a pattern. Maybe some of the techs will add some more info.

·
Registered
812 Posts
116K miles and everything is OK. Balance rates are 0.1 ms for all except #7, which is at 4.4ms. Sounds the same as it did at 50K miles when I put the Edge on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts