Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the truck a year ago and has been doing good. until one day i noticed alittle bit of white smoke. no big deal so i went on my own business. 2 weeks later i was 4 wheelin in mudd but the truck never got hot. nothing happened right away. a couple days later i noticed when i would let my truck idle more white smoke poured out. when i gave it gas alot of smoke came out and then cleared itself. then i noticed that i every coulpe of days my low coolant light would come on. i recently put block sealer in and i guess slowed the process. has this happend to anyone before? what kinda cost for a head gasket, head or block? or can i do it myself? thanks louis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the cost and labor to an injector sleeve. i am fairly new diesels thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
could you please fill in your signature under USER CP so we can give better and more acturate advise. Like do you have any mods for example.
Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
I believe that the 01 Dmaxes have the headgasket issues more often that the aother gens Dmaxes. However, your sympotms you are describing above look like headgaskets. The cost of those to have them replaced at the Stealer is around $3-$4,000, IIRC.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Might be injector sleeves, mine was doing the same thing two weeks ago and when I removed the valve covers four of them were so loose they just fell over.

One of those was already replaced by the dealer and he put it back in with silicone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts