Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New injectors last year. It’s been running great.
Then limp mode. Check engine light, loss of fuel gauge. P2146 p0201 p0203 p0206 p0207 codes.
Checked every wire and harness under the hood. Checked grounds. Pulled valve covers and rechecked injectors and wiring. Couldn’t find anything.
FICM failure because of new injectors?
ECM?
PCM?
I’d hate to spend $1200 on a FICM and that not be the issue.

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts
New injectors last year. It’s been running great.
Then limp mode. Check engine light, loss of fuel gauge. P2146 p0201 p0203 p0206 p0207 codes.
Checked every wire and harness under the hood. Checked grounds. Pulled valve covers and rechecked injectors and wiring. Couldn’t find anything.
FICM failure because of new injectors?
ECM?
PCM?
I’d hate to spend $1200 on a FICM and that not be the issue.
Welcome to DieselPlace
Any mods done on your LB7?

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts
No Mods to this truck
Completely stock
I would pull the connector on the FICM and inspect the connectors and the harness bracket.
There have been a few issues with the bracket/connection being loose/short to ground issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that. Checked very wire and plug on it. I did new injectors last year. Would new injectors smoke the ficm?

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts
Tried that. Checked very wire and plug on it. I did new injectors last year. Would new injectors smoke the ficm?
It shouldn't cause that issue..

Did you inspect the pins of the FICM connector? They can work loose/push back, etc.

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts

·
Administrator
17,759 Posts
No I haven’t
Is that the best place to start?
Yes, there is a test to check if the FPRV is bleeding off rail pressure-- "Bottle Test"

Remove the "U" hose from the back of the fuel rail- plug the hose. Attach a piece of hose to the fuel rail nipple and insert the hose in a bottle, now drive the truck hard with a few full throttle runs- if the FPRV bleeds off fuel into the bottle, the valve is bleeding off pressure. That can affect performance.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sorry bud but I guarantee you you have a broken wire in your harness somewhere.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The last limp mode I had was due to a bad NBSU switch. How are your shift indicator reading?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts