Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off...I am not reposting. I searched and found out what the problem most likely is. Are there any suggestions? Does anyone know if there is a rebuild kit available? Replacement suggestions....? Also, what is the model of the NP transfer case that these trucks came stock with? Thank you all ahead of time for your help. This forum is awesome...and YES, I LOVE MY DURAMAX.

02 GMC Sierra SLT.... 125,000 miles and yes, My wife loves it too!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
The transfer case is a 263 XHDGM. Depends on how much damage is if it's worth rebuilding. Cases run from 1k to 1800. Replacing most of the internals will cost at least that or more in my case. The transfer case number I gave you is off of my 3500 DA. I'm not positive but I believe it's the same case for 2500's .

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
It does this when going from 2wd to 4wd? Mine did the same thing. There was a plastic piece missing on the shift fork so the shift fork had to be replaced. Also the syncros were screwed so they had to be replaced. If I wasn't under warranty I would have fixed it myself as it wasn't that difficult.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Id does do it when shifting into 4wd only. I had read your thread on having this problem, thats how I figured what was going on. Just as a cheep "just in case" I think I'll change the fluid in the case and keep my fingers crossed. Not a good sound to hear though...especially with snow.... Thanks again!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Pull it out, it will need parts. The sooner you do it the less parts you will need. You can also check the clip while you have it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts