Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information if I can put a newer style front end including headlights, grill and bumper from an 04-06 on my 02. I would like to not deal with fenders hood etc. Anybody else done this?

Thanks in advance.:help:

·
Registered
281 Posts
yup, you got it. the entire front clip has to be replaced, as well as the bumper.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
After seeing the 05/06 Chevy front ends they definately look better that the 03/04's.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The '01-'02 is the best HD front end out there!!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
His truck is a GMC...I looked in his garage, I've always wondered about the GMC swap because the '03-'06 GMC trucks definately look better than the '01-02's.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If your truck is a GMC it can be done. All that you would need is a grille, bumper and bumper mounts. The lights, hood and fenders are the same. I was going to do this to my truck, but had no luck finding a bumper. I did some messing around and found that the 03+ grilles fit with the 01-02 bumpers. I did this to my 00 using a grille off a 03 HD. Looks real good.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been thinking about swapping my 02' grill and bumper for an 03'. I always like the 03' grill better. Now I know it can be done. Is it a straight swap with no mods? Lookg good.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I can't stand that stupid gap filler GMC used between the grille and bumper on the 03+ trucks.

I also think the 05-06 chevy is the best looking of the HD trucks. My second favorite is the 01-02 (it would be my first, but the center bar is too big for my tastes). I may be a little biased though.

That's a good looking truck 00sierra.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I personally think the 01-02 GMCs are the best looking of the bunch. Can an 03 Chevy front grille be swapped with the grille from an 06?

·
Registered
851 Posts
So I could swap the hood and grill from our 2005 dually to our 2004 2500? Both Chevys and the same color.

·
Registered
940 Posts
u are nuts, the 01-02 look the meanest of all the chevys... and the gmc's are just Gay Man's Chevy's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts