Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 crew cab long bed with the lb7 motor bone stock 207k miles. I've never had any issues in the 17 years I've had it. this is the first time it's died. I am getting the crank positioning sensor and the cam positioning sensor codes. I have never seen both of these to go out at once. I was driving home and the check engine light turned on I parked in the driveway pulled out my scanner and cleared the code after that it did not want to start. When I was driving it, it was running fine no rough idle no stalling. I pulled out the camshaft sensor and check the reluctor wheel everything seems nice and tight. I also stuck my inspection camera in there during cranking and it spins. I've also gone through and checked the wiring. Just trying to figure out if I just have the bad luck of both sensors going out at the same time or if there is another issue. Any help in solving this problem is greatly appreciated thank you

·
Administrator
18,476 Posts
Checked all fuses?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes all the fuses are good, pulled them out and reseated them. All the contacts inside the block look good. Getting 11 volts out of the plug down at each sensor which I believe is common for this year it's not a 5-volt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts