Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a little while but this is my first post.

Has anyone installed an interior air filter on their 03?

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
79 Posts
Apparently the 2003's doing need them. instead of filtering the air they decided to just blow the dirty air right into the cab. Gives you that true fresh air feeling.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I bought 3 sets of cabin filters in advance of getting my '03 only to learn that the'03 doesn't use them.

The speculation why GM deleted them from the '03's was that most users weren't changing them with enough frequency and they were clogging and causing a lot of problems.

I heard somewhere that the '03 ducting could be modified to accept the cabin filters. But I didn't want to bother and just gave my filters to an '02 owner.

·
Registered
421 Posts
For Pete sakes. Vehicles have been around for 100 years, now all of a sudden they need cabin air filters

·
Registered
612 Posts
Changing the cabin air filter in my '02 was a trying (to say the least) experience. I finally gave up on getting one of the cover screws back in place and it has ridden in the glove box for the last 20,000 miles. All I can say is the filter taken out of my truck clearly showed it was filtering the a air... It was in far worst condition than any engine air filter I have ever seen. When I hit 50,000 I plan to change the cabin filter again and will try to get the @#^& 'ing screw back in place. ... Jim

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought the 03 had the spot for the filter but it just wasn't there?? Was this bad info?? Also someone posted that the filters were actually made from material similar to pool filter material and they could be cleaned with cleaner, washed, dried and reinstalled. Anyone know if this is correct?

·
Registered
403 Posts
When I change mine for the first time at 50,000 miles, the filters were black, full of leaves, bugs, dirt and one even had mold.

I can't believe GM took them out of the 03's.

JEBar,

I have the same screw in my glove box as well.......

·
Registered
540 Posts
Me too on the screw. After I removed it I read you didn't really need to take it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts