Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 2002 Duramax for sale in the paper and am wondering if it sounds like a decent deal? It is silverado 2500 extended cab short bed with 160K on it. It's in excellent condition in and out. It has a 5th wheel hook up and it was lady owned. She used it to pull some sort of equipment on a 32ft trailer around the states. She was the original owner and the miles are mostly highway. She told me that the injectors had recently been replaced. She's asking 16000 for it and that is negotiable. Just kind of wondering what all your guys thoughts are on this truck? The main thing that concerns me on these trucks are the injectors. Are the replacement injectors suppose to be fixed where they don't crack out anymore? Also will the 200k warranty transfer to me? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Jesse

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should there be anything else i should be concerned with on the truck?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
get VIN and run to see service history, maybe ask insurance agent what history he has on it, as carfax don't seem to have everything. if looks good get her down as low as you can and enjoy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I think i'm going to be getting the truck just thought i'd let everyone know that. I am very excited! As long as everything goes good at the bank tomarrow hopefully i'll have it in my drive within the next 2 days! I was just wondering has anyone put stacks and a toolbox behind them on there shortbed? I'm debating whether or not to do it what do you guys think? Thanks for the input.

Jesse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts