Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have had the injectors replaced. And smoke has started comming from crankcase vent tube. Took back to dealer and first thing they did was change the oil again and told me to drive for a few days to see if smoking would stop. Smoke never stopped so I took back in, dealer did a daignostic test and said # 7piston is loosing compression. So, I begin the process of swallowing a new engine. His rep. agreed to go 50/50 on the new engine. due to damage being caused by faulty injectors. Well dealer calls me today and says they have pulled the heads and found that #7 piston has sleeve damage that is causing the problem. And that $1800 out of my pocket would fix her up. My fear is this, the oil pressure completely bottomed out before replacing the injectors. I have talked to two other service departments and another diesel mechanic and they say, if there was damage to one of the sleeves wouldn't the bearings be easier to damage? Are they trying to "patch" me up to avoid going halves on the new motor. Am I going to have bearings go a a few months down the road and then half to replace the motor? What should I do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
140k, absolutely bone stock,,,,, talked with dealer it is not the cylinder wall sleeves it is sleeve around injectors, he says that the #7 is mis alligned and causing the loss of compression and exhaust leak, and fuel contamination. Still I do not understand what the deal is. He told me I could come down and inspect the motor and everything. I will stop in tomorrow.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would say its their problem, they changed the injectors the first time and it should be their responsibility. Make sure and note who the dealer is so somebody else doesn't go in and get the same faulty install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts