Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone my dad got my stack box built today for my truck. Now I am just trying to figure out what stacks I should go with, maybe you all can help me decide. I'm thinking either the miter cut or the bull horns. Everyone around here has the miter cuts on there dodges and I just thought bull horns would be something different. Let me know what you think. They are you going be 5 inch also. When i can figure out how to post pictures on this website I will post some of the truck. thanks

Jesse

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good choice on the exhaust! I love the looks on my truck, and you will love the looks that you will get.way to go!!!:grd:

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here are your bull horns.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Personally, I like miter cut stacks. It's all personal opinion though. Either way, stacks are bad azz. Whatever you choose, post some pics.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
im assuming miter cut is just angle cut. in that case, do miter cut.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Im a miter man myself. I also like the flat tops and bull haulers are mu least favorite

·
Registered
521 Posts
6in stacks

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have 5" dia. 48" long tip outs.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I'll be sporting 5" straight cuts very shortly! I'll post here and in a seperate post for feed back and showing off. :D ;) :rock:

C-ya

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Single 5" MBRP mider cut stack. i wanted it short so it would still fit in the garage :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey everyone my dad got my stack box built today for my truck. Now I am just trying to figure out what stacks I should go with, maybe you all can help me decide. I'm thinking either the miter cut or the bull horns. Everyone around here has the miter cuts on there dodges and I just thought bull horns would be something different. Let me know what you think. They are you going be 5 inch also. When i can figure out how to post pictures on this website I will post some of the truck. thanks

Jesse
GrizzlyBear; How's it going. I can hook you up with a distributor if you like. Depending on what you want, and how much you wanna spend, will depend on how much they cost. Plus I have pictures of a duramax with our 5" stacks on them. If you like, I can email or Pm you the pictures. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
GrizzlyBear; How's it going. I can hook you up with a distributor if you like. Depending on what you want, and how much you wanna spend, will depend on how much they cost. Plus I have pictures of a duramax with our 5" stacks on them. If you like, I can email or Pm you the pictures. Let me know if I can help.
post up the pics on here...we all want to see them

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
sweet love the red truck!!..how much for a kit like that turbo back for an 02 ex cab...is it also possable to have the pipe coming out of the iddle instead of being offset?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
man i have never been a big fan of mider cut stacks but that system on that red duramax is exactly what i want for my truck. i can still have my garage clearance.

will that work with a headach rack, about how much does that cost, and how long are those stacks? oh and about how far would i have to move my tool box back

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my stacks off of ebay and am waiting on them to get her hopfully tomarrow! They were right around 108 shipped to my door for the pair that are 36" tall. As soon as I get them installed i'll get pictures.

Jesse

·
Registered
53 Posts
sweet love the red truck!!..how much for a kit like that turbo back for an 02 ex cab...is it also possable to have the pipe coming out of the iddle instead of being offset?
You'll have to go to a distributor for us, I got some all over, all I need to know is where you're at! All my distributors will ship to you with out a problem. Also the turbo back kits are all 4", and the 5" systems have a 4" inlet on the Y-pipe to connect it all together. As far as the middle, you can adjust this anyway you want. You just have to make sure you can clear all the hard stuff under the truck. I've seen it done on some dodges, but no chevy's. Mounting the stacks will change also. The way we have it set up it allows you to mount the stacks to the side of the bed rails...... Let me know if I can help anymore!

·
Registered
53 Posts
man i have never been a big fan of mider cut stacks but that system on that red duramax is exactly what i want for my truck. i can still have my garage clearance.

will that work with a headach rack, about how much does that cost, and how long are those stacks? oh and about how far would i have to move my tool box back
You will have to modify the system a little to work with the rack, there is enough pipe in the kits for that. As far as how far to move the work box back, it all depends on how big of stack you go with. At least 5" with a 5" stack.....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
What are everyone thoughts on the cross pipe in the box, NLPD has a square tube that looks nice a strong and low, the other systems that have the bent pipe sit alot higher is the bed, My question is the a flow differece between the 6" box style or the 5" pipe style?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.