Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on keeping the stock radio b/c I'm all about looks and replacement radios look like crap. Anyway, what new front speakers should I go with given the power available from the factory radio?
It's an 2002 2500HD CrewCab LT.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I'd get a factory replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with polk audio db650 in the front and db675 in the rear with a stock non bose in a 06 CC. very pleased with this setup. Twice the bass and volume. Mike

·
Registered
881 Posts
some coax speakers should be fine. I've always like Alpines. I have some in the rear doors of my truck and sound great. Have survived with my punishment to them (75 watts RMS to the 17 or so recommended for over 2 years)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Speaker

For the price the factory speakers are hard to beat. They are not that expensive and they snap right into place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Packfan,
When I had my 2002 I was horribly disappointed with the performance of the stock component speakers. No matter how you adjusted the bass, treble, etc. you couldn't get much volume out of them without distortion. My truck was an extended cab with a non-Bose system so I replace the from components with Infinity Reference 6 1/2 inch speakers I think the model number was 6012i. I bought them at Circuit City and got them installed for free because they cost over $100 dollars. They just disconnected the tweeters for the factory speakers but left them in place. I stuck around to make sure they pointed the pivoting tweeter in the Infinities up, which is a good feature of these speakers. I was completely blown away at how good these speakers sounded compared to stock. I personally don't like loud music but you could really crank these speakers without distortion. I was planning to replace the back speakers with the same model when I sold my truck. If my current truck (a crew cab) didn't have a Bose system I would replace the stock speakers with Infinities as my first order of business. I hope this helps. They are on sale at Crutchfield for $74.99 a pair.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wXBQH8Vhy0g/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=400&I=1086012I

Tony

·
Registered
840 Posts
I also installed the Infinity 6012i in all four doors.Major improvement over stock.
$75 pair from Best Buy.Fronts need to be screwed into door with new holes(use self tap screws or predrill small hole like I did).Rear doors screw right into existing mount plate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used polk db 6.75" in the front and rear. They are a great deal and sound 3x better than stock. Some dynamat will make them sound even better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts