Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many of the posts on this and wanted to try cleaning injectors with the AcDelco Upper Engine Cleaner but can’t find any around. Dealers all say it’s discounte, I would buy off someone if they have any. Is there anything else that I can use like Sea Foam maybe?

·
Administrator
19,363 Posts
I have read many of the posts on this and wanted to try cleaning injectors with the AcDelco Upper Engine Cleaner but can’t find any around. Dealers all say it’s discounte, I would buy off someone if they have any. Is there anything else that I can use like Sea Foam maybe?
The AC/Delco X66P has been discontinued.
The alternative stuff to use is the BMW 82140428376 ( same bottle same color fluid just labeled BMW..)
or.. you can use the AC/Delco 10-3015 upper engine cleaner

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AC/Delco X66P has been discontinued.
The alternative stuff to use is the BMW 82140428376 ( same bottle same color fluid just labeled BMW..)
or.. you can use the AC/Delco 10-3015 upper engine cleaner
I went to dealer today and they showed me the 10-3015, but instructions say it’s for gasoline engines. They went and asked mechanic if good for diesel and he said “ don’t” use it on diesel.

·
Administrator
19,363 Posts
I went to dealer today and they showed me the 10-3015, but instructions say it’s for gasoline engines. They went and asked mechanic if good for diesel and he said “ don’t” use it on diesel.
Good info to know (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used the 10-3015 on my 03 lbs, if you search u tube you'll find others have also. With that said i didn't notice any reduction in the white smoke. I also changed and filled the fuel filter with seafoam, smoke still the same. The x66p can still be found on eBay, but your going to pay. I wish I tried the BMW cleaner, but didn't see it till I purchased the 10-3015.Also my truck runs fine so I'm going to live with the white haze for now just hope it doesn't leave me stranded. Good luck and if you try the BMW cleaner please post your results.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
New injectors in a magical can for an LB7 doesn't exist. They were doomed from the factory . Billy Graham couldn't save your injectors . thier injector stores on eBay you can mail yours to them , they rebuild them and send them back in a couple days $550-$650 . or buy rebuilds for $1300-$2000 or new from $2500 and up to the sky

·
Registered
56 Posts
X66P is still available on Ebay for a ridiculous amount, usually around $100.Several years ago, we used the X66P on my buddies LB7 and he was able to get anothe 100,000 miles out of his injectors.If anything can help your injectors, this is it.
A good source for honest injector information and also some of the best deals , contact Arron at Lincoln Diesel Services.
They also carry the SAC injectors, which seem to be the cure for LB7 problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts