Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to crank it for about 4-5 seconds then it starts for about 1/2 second and then dies. I opened the bleeder screw and with 1 pump out came desiel. Tightened it back up and still no start. I have no chek engine lights, no flashing security lights, fuel filter is tight and has about 2000 miles on it since I got the new bigger one from the dealer. 1/2 tank of fuel, about 40 degrees outside. Any ideas?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Do you have a remote start?

Wait 30 minutes and try it again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a remote start?

Wait 30 minutes and try it again.
I do have remote start, I unplugged everything and got the same result. It sat for about 6 hours today without being touched after I had to get a ride to work.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Deppending how it is hooked up it might not matter if it is unplugged. Can you see the make and model of the passlock bypass? If it cuts the passlock wire it can cause it to not start if you remove the module.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Your only other issue I could think of is your losing prime.Try pushing in the primer pump till hard leaving the bleed screw tight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is the DEI 555L Module.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your only other issue I could think of is your losing prime.Try pushing in the primer pump till hard leaving the bleed screw tight.
I just tried that with no improvements.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
The 555L does cut the passlock wire. You can not just unplug it to put it back to normal. Temporarily jump the black/yellow and yellow of the 555L module. Wait 30 minutes and try to start it.

Better yet, follow the black/yellow and yellow back to where they are connected. Each one will go to a yellow wire. That yellow wire was cut and these 2 wires were splived to it. Connect the trucks yellow wires back together.

If that solves your problem throw that POS DEI module out and get yourself a data passlock 2 bypass such as the GM-BP from www.bypasskit.com.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 555L does cut the passlock wire. You can not just unplug it to put it back to normal. Temporarily jump the black/yellow and yellow of the 555L module. Wait 30 minutes and try to start it.

Better yet, follow the black/yellow and yellow back to where they are connected. Each one will go to a yellow wire. That yellow wire was cut and these 2 wires were splived to it. Connect the trucks yellow wires back together.

If that solves your problem throw that POS DEI module out and get yourself a data passlock 2 bypass such as the GM-BP from www.bypasskit.com.
I'll go try that now, thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Max Power you da man. I jumped those wires and it fired right up. Thank you very much. I owe you a steak dinner. Gonna order a kit from bypasskit.com right now.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
This proves my point that I have been trying to make since I started posting here. Data bypass modules are the only way to go. You need to make sure you know what you are getting when you are buying a remote start.

DEI -:t ):h

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
All bow down before Max Power. If it weren't for him my remote start would still be in the box on my floor.. I will never question again after having to get a Bypass module for my alarm... Once again Max Power thank you for all your help....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This proves my point that I have been trying to make since I started posting here. Data bypass modules are the only way to go. You need to make sure you know what you are getting when you are buying a remote start.

DEI -:t ):h
Amen, this is the first DEI product I have had trouble with. But it caused me enough headache that I am not going to buy another one. Data bypass will be in my near future. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Some day I am going to find a way to collect on all these steak dinners. ):h

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
so if a guy is looking for a command start for his duramax, what one do you recommend and how much for it, can it be installed by myself

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
www.astroflex.com 2205 is most popular. How much you got? ):h Yes it can be installed yourself.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
fredw you are making that kind of power and runnung those times with that truck you have in you avatar

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts