Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Former member here and a recent, long time lurker.

My 2001 drivers seat is flat as a board after about 100K miles. I'm the original owner so it been my backside that did the damage... Looking at options. Searched the forum for an answer about Escalade seats but couldn't find anything definitive. I've looked at the Katzkin covers and may go that route with an upholstery shop providing some more quality cushion.

Anyone else tried the Escalade seats (what years will work)? Any pointers for a re-cushion job with new covers?

Thank you,

Phil B.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Escalde seats will work aslong as its the same body style /
year of your truck. I spend alot of hours a day in my truck and I have thought about taking the ones out of mine, but I think my wife would notice.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
663 Posts
new seat foams from gm are only like $60. I didn't think that was to bad. it would be less work too.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
it depends what options/years.

2001-2002 escalade/denali seats will fit into any 2001-2002 duramax that is an LT/SLT. Meaning, they will only be plug and play if the duramax originally had the 12 way heated, etc seats from the factory.

2003+ escalade seats will fit into any 2003+ pickup, providiing the pickup originally had the 12 way seats as a factory option (ie, it was an LT/LT3, SLT)

2001-2002 seats will not plug into 2003+ trucs and vice versa

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I may have to look at a reworking of my existing seats. Probably the easiest and most cost effective way to get what I want.

Phil B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.