Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 01 Duramax crew cab 2WD with 62000 miles and a 03 Duramax crew cab 2WD with 90000 miles (supposedly mostly highway mileage). Both cost $25000. Which would you suggest buying ? Hopefully I've given all the info you need. Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
well first off, i bought my 01 with 50,000 miles on it for $24,000 two and a half years ago.
Yeah i got a good deal, but it is in the shop with 98,345 miles on it. I have just recently researched that the 01 have had some head gasket issues. sooo, take that what it is worth. Pm me with the coin):h

ps: i still love my truck. readheaded stepchild.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
That is way too much for a 2wd model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought an '02....

Leezy,

I just bought an '02 crew cab 4WD from a dealer with 59,000 miles and I paid $21,400. I live in Colorado where 4WD vehicles are the standard and you couldn't give away a 2WD.

Maybe I paid too much, but as Toby Keith says "I like my truck...":ro)

·
Registered
840 Posts
I paid $25k for my 03 CC LT 4X4 w/ 60k about 6 weeks ago. Sure I got a good deal, but yeah thoses prices are a bit high.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
What trim level are the trucks? Even if they are LT, that sounds a little high. If they are an LS, forget it.

I would personally go with the 2003. Many improvments to the electrical system, XM radio, Bose stereo, automatic dual climate control, 6-disc CD changer, power folding/signal mirrors, driver info center, shoulder seatbelt for the rear center passenger (01-02 just has lapbelt)...

Ben

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would think you should be closer to $20 to 21,000 for either truck. I gave around $22,000 for my 01 about a 1 1/2 or so ago. And it had 36,000 miles on it. I haven't had any real issues with mine.( it now has 97,000miles) Keep in mind that the 01 has warranty on the injectors until 200,000. The 03 warranty is kinda up in the air. I know some of the creature comforts are nice on the 03's though.

I would do a VIN check on both vehicles in that forum and see the history on both before I bought anything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the replies. I guess with so much construction work, etc. going on from Katrina the market here for diesels is higher. I did a carfax on both vehicles and they checked out o.k. I will probably try and get the 2003 if things work out. It still has some warranty left on it too. Thanks again. Later.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would still post the vin here . Carfax isnt the best check for warranty work and potential problems with the mechanical side..

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The VIN is 1GCHC23133F115154 for the 03. Do I post it on this thread or is there another place on the forum to put it ? Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
post it in the VIN check request forum.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I posted VIN in the check forum. Just curious though. The VIN check here uses different and better records than CARFAX is that right ? Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Correct. This vin check will bring up all of the GM service history ( injectors, problems in general). Carfax is good for wrecks etc...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On the VIN check report for the 03 Duramax in the claim history section it has the following:

R.O. Date Labor Operation Odometer Reading
11/25/03 T2020-Towing 23553 miles

You think that means it broke down and had to be towed to a repair shop ? Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts