Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got new injectors and all. thought i needed to shim my pressure relief but its only 04 and up so wtf is wrong with my truck ?:help:
goes to limp and gives a p0093 code any time i pull a heavy load up a hill.
daniel b

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fuel filter? When was the last change?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at the last oil change about 2000 miles ago !

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I'd be weary of the Hypertech programmer. I've heard of more than one with ECM issues with use and after.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its been doing this for 6 months now. ive replaced 5 fuel filters . and it was doing this before i got the programmer. im running it without the programmer because it makes it worse.

daniel b

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I can only suggest one of two things that the 01 had problems with that might be related.

A bad Fuel Rail Pressure sensor.More prone to leak

Or a Bad fuel rail pressure control valve.Known to have a weak spring and give fluctuating idle lops.

Probably would be worth it to you to get the dealer tech with a tech II go for a ride with you and duplicate the problem if no other codes are present.

I doubt it's the CP3 pump but something easier

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the dealer already replaced the fuel rail on the passenger side that has the pressure sesor in it and they said the pressure control valve was made in the pump or something but its not in the rail like the 04.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
the dealer already replaced the fuel rail on the passenger side that has the pressure sesor in it and they said the pressure control valve was made in the pump or something but its not in the rail like the 04.
Huh?04?

I thought you had a 01?

The FRPCV (valve) is located on top of ALL Bosch CP3's.The sensor is in the rail

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i do have an 01 but i read about shimming the pressure relief valve on the drivers side fuel rail.i thought that would fix mine but mine is app. diferent. thats what i was refering to.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
There is no need to shim the lb7 sensor.You have a problem.Spend the diagnostic money with a Tech and Tech II on board.The price will be peace of mind,proper diagnostic and repair.You've been in for repair and if you are not over the 100K they might even gift the repair

Other wise it's pot luck.

Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the dealer teck has been the one working on it . now im just trying anything cause they cant seem to fix it.they have had it a tottal of over a month over 3 different times working on it

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
the dealer teck has been the one working on it . now im just trying anything cause they cant seem to fix it.they have had it a tottal of over a month over 3 different times working on it
Shoot the tech if your paying.Find another dealer

Surely a ride and a few Tech II snap shots would find the problem

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
took it to a dif. dealer and they said it was probably the pump,to the best of their ability.the dealer i bought it from is probably going to trade me out of it since he doesnt want to pay the 1500.00 to try to fix it . hed rather sell the truck at a sale and give me another one. that sounds pretty good to me as well considering all the trouble iv had with this one.the teck said i probably have other issues as well.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
took it to a dif. dealer and they said it was probably the pump,to the best of their ability.the dealer i bought it from is probably going to trade me out of it since he doesnt want to pay the 1500.00 to try to fix it . hed rather sell the truck at a sale and give me another one. that sounds pretty good to me as well considering all the trouble iv had with this one.the teck said i probably have other issues as well.
What are they going to do junk it? :rolleyes:

Things don't add up.

Probably better off ,but your still stuck with incompetent services department.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he'll probably take it to a car sale and dump it on some poor shmoe.if they dont pull heavy loads theyll never know anythings wrong. as long as its gone i dont care what he does with it ! the dealer i took it to did a better job than the one the guy i bought it from did. that dealer was (one of his buddies)he said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same exact problem. runs fine with no load , pull a 7500 lb trailer a it goes to limp mode.The truck is a 01 3500 4x4 dually.It has 144000 miles. I am the oringnal owner.The truck did this from day one. Since then the dealer and GM tech asistance had put TWO fuel pumps in and THREE sets of Injectors , one wiring harness and untold number of fuel filters. They finally told me come get your truck we dont know what is wrong. Their last guess is it could be the fuel pump or ecm. They want me to pay for the pump and then the computer in that order. The truck has been to three different dealers all have the same story. still no fix

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Does it ghost pedal, meaning that it seems like it is running out of fuel.......under WOT or really taxing the engine........if so I would suspect an ECM is to blame.

I know of someone that was having trouble with his truck and when we swapped out the ECM and went to a 2002 Programming his truck runs like a top now.

:)

Might want to look into a defective ECM ?????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Deja Vue

daniel B,I could have written the above word for word but he wanted to put me in an '03 powerstroke,I just traded mine for a car for my son.I feel bad because they are going to stick somebody else with that '01.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well the truck he was going to trade me for is a 03 loaded but its trans. is junk i think. when you stop and roll forward it sounds like you hit the tans with a sledge hammer.and it doesnt want to shift out of third when you get on it hard.i dont think i will trade mine for another problem. i took my 01 to a different dealer and he simmulated the problem . he said vacum is a litle low and the preesure demanded was not being produced by the pump. i am putting on a new pump soon, dealers expence, if that doesnt fix it ill try a ecm , lift pump, and new lines, if required.camping season is coming soon and i may have to use my 98 1 ton ram with 196000 miles instead. oh well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts