Diesel Place banner

01 Loosing All Power Driving Hard

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Silverado Man 
#1 ·
When I Turn Up My Max It Is Possible To Make It Stall Empty When Driving 85 Or So Up A Big Hill.it Acts Like It Runs Out Of Fuel For About 5 Sec. And When I Am Pulling A 7,000 Lbs Or More Loud It Does It More Often. Does This Sound Familiar To Anyone ?
Thanks Daniel B

#2 ·
Welcome aboard. I would start with filling out your trucks sig. including upgrades, this way we can get a better understanding of what might be going on with your truck. BTW, when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

#3 ·
filled it out. thanks for the suggestion

#4 ·
sounds like its starving for fuel at the high RPM's. i havent had my truck past 80mph, but it sounds like maybe a governor kicking in? ive drove big trucks that did this when the RPMs hit so high.

#6 ·
it has been doing better since i had new injectors but i hooked up my 5th wheel camper this morning and it done the same thing it has been doing, it just takes longer now (after new injectors).it goes into limp mode when pulling a long grade.as i said it takes longer before it goes into limp after it has had new injectors. and it gives me a service code of p0093 which is a large fuel leak, but there is no leak !

#8 ·
its new and i have tried that many times. i kept a new one ine and it didnt help it was however costly

#9 ·
mine is doing the same thing happens at 75 mph or so, losses power for a few seconds usually comes back on around 60 no warning lights or anything. please keep me informed i dont want to go to the stealer.

#10 ·
I have had this for sometime now. After all the obvious, filters, boost sensor, MAF sensor, blah blah blah, we have boiled it do to a faulty operating system in the 2001 ECM. I am putting a 2002 ECM in today. I will let you know.

Mike

#11 ·
please do and thanks

#12 ·
if thats what it is i can kill 2 birds w/1 stone mine has a hypertech installed and i didnt get the handheld controller. the only way to get the program out is to change the computer. so i'm told. hypertech said to get the dealer to flash the ecm but the dealer said it wouldn't clear it. i would like to change programers.

#13 ·
Well the new 2002 operating system and ECM seem to have taken care of my problem. I will keep you all updated on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.