Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy an '01 LB7 but i have heard they have some computer issues when wanting to remove the speed limiter. I plan on building a fast daily driver and I just dont want to start with a truck that will give me problem trying to build.

If there are any major issues to why i should not buy an '01.... please let me know!

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The only problem you will have w/ the 01, IMO, is the speed limiter. But, if you want a fast daily driver, and are willing to do the tranny, buy the TTS Xtreme and be done with it. It removes your speed limiter. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A built tranny will be happening for sure... I sold my '05 PSD and i am beginning to dig into the Duramax world... There are so many damn programmers... I'll miss the SCT for sure.. So what is the "SCT" for Duramaxes?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
EFI-Live will remove the 2001 limiter and do a lot more than any thing else on the market.

Your choice, but the TTS Xtreme hauls ass as well !!!

T;) NY

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Welcome to the Place Tunedport! As Tony said, the TTS Xtreme is awesome, and one of if not the best available tune. Westers also has a strong running tune. It is fairly new though, and not many have it yet. EFI Live is custom tuning that definitely shows promise(for those that know what they're doing.) All of these option will remove the limiter on the 01.

If you want a sure thing go with the TTS. EFI was just released and I would think it would take a while to get a tune that will run better than what Steve Cole(TTS) and Lyndon(Westers) have already written.

Also, if you go with a co-pilot on your trans. this will take care of the limiter as well. Grab a drink and do a search in the aftermarket trans. sectoin and the LB7 electronics section and read up.

On Edit: Where's your avatar of your Jeep? That thing is cool!
Also, congratulations on selling the Ford, you will never look back once you get a trans. in the DMax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts